Chiropractic Adjustments in Las Colinas, TX
A chiropractic adjustment, known also as a spinal adjustment, or spinal manipulation, is the foremost treatment technique employed by chiropractors. It involves the manipulation of abnormal vertebrae that function improperly. The end goal of a chiropractic adjustment is to restore, or to enhance, function to your joints in order to relieve inflammation and reduce pain in your spine.
People who benefit most from chiropractic adjustments include:
- People who have experienced an injury, such as athletes
- People with physically demanding jobs
- People with sedentary jobs
- People with musculoskeletal conditions
Pain doesn't have to be a constant strife. Chiropractic care is often covered by insurance, but be sure to check with your provider prior to your first visit. Relieve your pain - contact a specialist in Las Colinas, call (817) 203-2760 or contact Ms. Jessica Stangenwald online.
Preparing for Your Chiropractor Treatments
An initial interview, comprised of a patient history and symptoms, will precede the first session with your chiropractor. This could include questions focusing on:
- When and how the pain started
- Where the pain is located
- What the pain is like (sharp, dull, searing/burning, throbbing) or how it occurs (intermittent or continual)
During your chiropractor treatments, they will also carefully assess your spine, both at rest and in motion as part of the intake process. Following this initial conversation and examination, your chiropractor will decide what treatment plan is suited for your unique circumstances, taking into account your medical history, the nature of your pain as well as any individual preferences. Multiple chiropractor adjustments may be required depending upon your needs.
What is a Chiropractic Adjustment Like?
Chiropractic adjustments often involve either the use of the chiropractor's hands or small instruments to apply controlled force to the affected joint. The chiropractor may move you into several different positions in order to treat your pain, though you will generally lie facing down on a chiropractic table during the adjustment. The goal of the treatment is to correct your body's structural alignment and to improve its physical function. Your spinal adjustment treatment plan can involve the use of either forceful or gentle spinal adjustment techniques. Two common techniques are:
- Spinal Manipulation (High-Velocity Amplitude Thrust): This more traditional chiropractic approach - particularly useful for lower-back, middle-back and neck pain - involves controlled sudden force to the joint. Audible “pops” are common during HVAT therapy due to the release of gas where joints are pushed short distances past their passive range of motion.
- Spinal Mobilization (Gentle Chiropractic Techniques): This chiropractic technique involves slow, gentle movement to the affected spinal section to increase its passive range of motion.
After your session, you may experience fatigue or soreness, both of which subside within a few days. Your chiropractor will establish specific goals for your treatment plan, which may include short- and long-term goals related to helping reduce pain and normal joint function and muscle balance. These goals will likely include recommendations for daily activities such as stretching, heat or ice applied to the affected area and rest. Your chiropractor might also make recommendations to your lifestyle habits such as diet and exercise in order to further relieve your pain.
Back and neck pain can be immobilizing. A chiropractic adjustment can help relieve your pain through a method that is suited for your circumstances. Contact a specialist in Las Colinas, call (817) 203-2760 or contact Ms. Jessica Stangenwald online.
The New You Medical & Infusion Clinic
Address100 Grapevine Hwy
Hurst, TX 76054
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm